Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) synthesises the latest medical research with a model of care that integrates each patient’s individual history, genetics, and lifestyle factors. AFMCP equips clinicians to design effective, personalized treatments for each patient.
What I Learnt
- Established and emerging diagnostics, therapeutics, and prevention strategies.
- How to design nutritional and lifestyle interventions to improve patient compliance and outcomes.
- How to integrate appropriate assessment tools to diagnose, treat, and assess patient outcomes from a Functional Medicine approach.
- How to utilize innovative and practical assessment tools.
- Methods to establish a mutually empowering partnership between clinician and patient.
- The scientific basis for Functional Medicine principles and fundamental clinical imbalances.
Why did I do this course:
I have been treating facial pain patients for a few years now and I have noticed that the patient has many other medical conditions as well as their pain. Physiotherapy alone was not enough to help these patients. So, I decided to to functional medicine to give patients nutritional and lifestyle services alongside physiotherapy.